William Blake! A Legendary Painter

Painting for me is an expression of a person, just like blogging, only better with Colors and no Text! That does not mean, I don't like blogging or writing, but Painting is an Art and every Art is Supreme form of Human Beauty! I have tried my brushes in numerous ways expressing Agony, Aggression, Aesthetic sense, Ugliness and even 7 deadly sins(Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, Envy & Pride)! My canvasses are not a Master Piece but my admiration to some of the Legendary Expressionist is honest. For many Modern or Contemporary might not be comprehensive, well I would say that Art is a Taste and not a Test; which every one can go through but comprehend individually and comment exclusively!

Of the many Expressionist from Centuries, my most desired Artist is William Blake! A Legend!I am not Francis Dolarhyde, the notorious, serial killer & cynic character from the novel "Red Dragon" written by Thomas Harris & neither I am his worshiper, but Blake's piece is indeed an inspiration. The most inspiring being the same one what Dolarhyde worships, "The Red Dragon". Here it is:





The painting in itself is a portrayal of a negative character. It portrays the Dragon is seen ready to devour the child of the pregnant woman, who symbolises the Church, the Virgin Mary and Israel. Blake was commissioned to paint over 100 paintings intended to illustrate books of the Bible. The painting is housed at Brooklyn Museum.

I am no negative person nor I devour women or rather anything :D! What I like about the painting is its symbolism of evil! Blake could bring this characteristic alive on his white-board. Imagination is a worm that sets your thought to wiggle and this painting brings the chill in your spine. It is inspiring to draw a learning expressionist like me to think and then lift the brush or even open the bottles(pun intended!) What a wonderful piece of work? Blake's perfection reflects just like many icons I respect from the Renaissance to Impressionists to Fauvism contributors, but what transpires into a soul stirring is the sharp edges of the strokes which creates a story around the Painting. I had a chat with friend of mine about Blake and his works and he revealed that Blake was also a poet and many times his poems were the inspiration behind the Painting. This is more astonishing and I felt Blake is indeed Britain's Greatest Artist ever born. The Red Dragon inspired me to learn more about Blake and I found these Paintings on the Net. Though they are available I just want to possess them & keep it for display at least on my blog. Here are some:




God and His Angels by Blake



Godmath by Blake


Newton by Blake. Demonstrates his opposition to the "single-vision" of scientific materialism.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye twitching & Myths

Work From Home... but for Whom?

Living a Lie is a Bliss - All is well...