25 ka dum!

Was this expected or not, I couldn't tell, but I have a motor bike and had to park it in the compound of the apartment me & my family live in which is a rented place, so we do not have hegemony on many aspects from painting the house to rewiring electrical points or re-plumbing (sic) water resource. Well, this is expected in a rented apartment, but owners too do not take many initiatives in India, but our owner is mellow and attentive for our pains of course after we have no dues. Amidst this was this sorry saga of me parking my motor bike in the compound which is owned by owners!

The saga was triggered by a pugnacious but living-for-the-sake of integrity man who apparently manages the Housing Society's accounts. Ceremoniously or religiously our house owner was fetched for the addition of a Rs. 25/- more on his monthly maintenance payment to the Housing Society due to the dastardly act of his tenant parking his 'vehicle' within the compound wall. Well, my words do not have to be sarcastic, but yesterday morning when our house owner ambushed us on the account of this addition he being charged, we were almost in the situation of foot-in-the-mouth. While the trigger holder could have explained it patiently to the owner and at the same time the owner could have also spoken to us on the same wavelength, but the objurgation & the sudden raid on us(not to mention the detailed inquiry on the cost of the vehicle, manufacturer's report, mileage, spot of parking about the center of the attention - my motor bike) was not anticipated.

It was a major mis-communication within my family, possibly because of me. We should have religiously added the designated Rs. 25/- to our monthly rental and inform the owner, but somewhere something went unnoticed and the battery of authorities made the brunch go berserk. Guilty as charged, I am appalled only for the fact what happened to politeness and decency of communication? Not that we did something illegal, since I had informed the trigger holder before even the simple mascot stepped in to the promenade, that was 27th of May, 2009 and my tag-team partner, my sister was supposed to convey the other opponent, the owner, which she failed and caused the ambush.

The story did not strike the chord as a lesson. I had heard that there are no mistakes but only lessons in life, and this tale did not teach me any lesson, but a moral that even if it is paltry sum of Rs.25/-(which is not even a $) people's ire can be invoked! Beware of many such people and be disciplined in your approach, whether they are or not is not a debate.

For those who would like to see the epicenter of the chaos of yesterday's morning, here it is:



Comments

Amar Mainkar said…
Thank God, you do not stay in Bombay, the owner of rented premises here would charge anything from Rs. 500 upwards for this. But I empathise with your reason for consternation. Funny post, though... I had a smile on my face picturing you...
SPEAK THE TRUTH said…
Man ego creates lot of problem for self and others. he creates a rule that satisfies him rather then thinking logically.

In Canada what do we say about India. " In Canada you are innocent until proven guilty but in India you are Guilty until you have proven your Innocents".

So when this people find mistakes in others rather then thinking we can communicate effectively and resolve the problem they come to the conclusion you have broken the law and proceed with the punishment.

I would suggest buy them or lend them the book how to win and influence people. People need to change their way of thinking big time.

Poor bike bought in to lot of attention.

Keep writing you have people like me to read and comment on social issues.

Master

Popular posts from this blog

Eye twitching & Myths

Work From Home... but for Whom?

Living a Lie is a Bliss - All is well...