A Near Miss...

I recently had very fantastic opportunity. I would have mentioned what it was, but that would reveal some details which would not be appropriate. The very fact that my opening line says, "I had" shows that I missed it. I have had more failures than successes in my life, be it recognition to work, opportunity, education, career, money or relationships. All the times, I only use to frown, rant and loose my cool, but this time it was not the same. Perhaps it attributes to my experience with it or some thing I stumbled upon as a sacred text. A very interesting fact about Laws of Life; though when it comes to Laws of Nature(Physics & Mathematics) I can comprehend from the word go, Laws of Life have been elusive to me(which will stun my dear friend Ajit definitely!), but I thought of sharing the same to people who read(but don't comment on) my blog :P

According to Hindu philosophy, there are three types of karma
  • Sanchit Karma - accumulated stock of one's past karmas.
  • Prarabdha Karma (what we call as destiny) - is that part of Sanchit Karma which is passed down to us in this birth for suffering or enjoyment.
  • Agami Karma - which is performed in this birth, out of free will.
The illustration (analogy) is of Archer with his Bow & Arrow!
  • The accumulated stock of arrows in the archer's case, slung over his shoulder is the Sanchit Karma.
  • The arrow that has just left his bow is Prarabdha Karma ~ destiny
  • The arrow in his hand is Agami Karma ~ free will
Rule # 1: Prarabdha Karma cannot be undone.
Rule # 2: Agami Karma is in his hands, use / no use results have to be faced (good/bad) :P


But role of Prarabdha theory is only in explaining the results of the action. In spite of the best efforts, if results could not be achieved, it can attributed to destiny.

Theory of Destiny is so that:
  • A person accepts results without being frustrated. (something I should learn :P, Ajit will agree more on that about me)
  • A successful person should not become egoistic if he understands the role of destiny in his success.
Moral of the story: Do your best and leave the rest to ________ (Fill in the blank space)

Indeed this makes sense, though like Mathematics/Physics, it begins with an assumption that there is re-birth. My debate - discussion opponent on Hindu Philosophy(spiritualism, Theism etc) Ajit must be smirking on this posting. To an extend the above Philosophy makes sense, but only when assumes there was a birth before and there will be rebirth. I have to come to terms on that thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye twitching & Myths

Work From Home... but for Whom?

Living a Lie is a Bliss - All is well...